normal making continuous trajectory in micellar phase solution, using gmx trjconv tool

• aelahi4
  • aelahi4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #8675 by aelahi4
Hi all
my simulation results contain a few micelle clusters including polymers. I have to do some msd analysis afterwards. So I need to get a continuous trajectory by removing pbc conditions using gmx trjconv tool first.
I tried different sequence of steps that I thought might solve the problem, but none worked. I included a few here:

1- try 1 (steps):
a) use gmx trjconv -pbc cluster, to find the clusters.
problem: clusters move from one side to another in different frames.

2- try 2 (steps):
following micelle clustering of manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2019.4/how-to/visualize.html
a) make a new tpr file using a structure in a frame that micelles are formed.
b) use gmx trjconv -pbc nojump
problem: structure of molecules at same frames are different from the main trajectory, polymers are separated from.

3- others:
I used multiple combinations of -pbc -fit to remove the pbc effects, none solved the problem and still micelles are loosing molecules compared to main trajectory.

I've been struggling with this issue for a few days, I highly appreciate if you could help me about this issue. Please let me know if I need to provide further

Thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #8684 by vainikka
Hi,

Just to get this right, you have a single trajectory which contains multiple micelles, and you'd like to compute MSD for them?

You should be able to run gmx msd and use the -mol flag to make them whole.
manual.gromacs.org/archive/5.0.2/programs/gmx-msd.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds