normal Martini tutorials: DNA

• ChristinaL
  • ChristinaL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #7279 by ChristinaL
Martini tutorials: DNA was created by ChristinaL
Hi there.

I'm doing the DNA Martini tutorial. I am using the martinize-dna.py script. I have used it on the provided .pdb file, to see how it works. I works fine, but when I use my own .pdb file for my project I get the error: ValueError: chr() arg not in range(256). I looked online, and the solution appeared to be running the script using python2. I tried this, and this does not work for either the provided .pdb file or my own .pdb file. It gives the error message: Forcefield 'elnedyn22dna' can not be found. I can see from the script that is uses both martini22dna and elnedyn22dna, and while the first one is provided, I can't find the second one. I have looked everywhere online, with no result. On your site I found ElNeDyn2.1, but this does not work. Is there a way to get the correct force field, or is there another workaround, that might work?

- Christina L.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #8891 by Abhi
Replied by Abhi on topic Martini tutorials: DNA
Hi did you find any answer? I want to do MD simulations for ssDNA which is an Aptamer. which force field should I use ? and how do I create topology for it?
Thanks
Abhi

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #9604 by israini
Replied by israini on topic Martini tutorials: DNA
Hi,I have faced the same problem,
the solution is you should change the environtment python to python2 instead python3 because the script only can run with python2
I hope ot can helps

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds