normal Difficulty adding the martini force field

• jcopp
  • jcopp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #6570 by jcopp
Hello, I only have a few months experience with Gromacs and have only just started coarse graining.
Previously the only force field I've added to Gromacs was Charmm. However with Charmm I was able to download a folder containing all the files I needed (such as atomtypes.atp, ffbonded.itp, .rtp files ect), that I then just added to the top folder within Gromacs.
For the Martini forcefield though all I've been able to find in the download section is .itp files for particle definitions and amino acids, sugars ect. I'm wondering if I'm looking in the wrong place for these other files or if there is something I need to do to the .itp files first in order to get the force field to work?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #6573 by peterkroon
Replied by peterkroon on topic Difficulty adding the martini force field
Hi,

atp, rtp, hdb, ... files are used by pdb2gmx, which is unusable for coarse-grained forcefields.
Also, we don't have a list of standard bonded parameters, these have to be derived on a molecule to molecule basis anyway. So there is not ffbonded.itp.

So in your topology file, just import martini_v2.2.itp (which defines particle types and nonbonded interactions, and water), and probably you'll want to import ions as well. For the rest, mix and match as appropriate.

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds