normal Info on combined use of the Martini 3 force field and Go̅-like models

• moon
  • moon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 11 months ago #8934 by moon
Dear all
Thanks for the useful tools and help that you are providing.
I'm interested to test on my protein/membrane system the combined use of MARTINI 3 with a Go̅-like model to have fewer limitations on the protein conformational flexibility, as used in this nice recent publication doi.org/10.1021/acs.jcim.1c00261 . I was wondering which is the best approach, and steps to follow, to use martinize2/martini 3 in combination with a Go̅-like model.
Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #8953 by sebastian
Hi,
We are working on a new version of the script. Its beta-release will be announced on the Martini website - so stay tuned.
Best,
Sebastian

More
2 years 11 months ago #8954 by bart
Good nieuws! I am tuned :D

More
2 years 10 months ago #8971 by jlillard
The martinize2.py script contains an option (-govs-includes) for using "Virtual site-based GoMartini." Running martinize2 with this option produces the following note:

INFO - general - The output topology will require files generated by "create_goVirt.py".

Is the virtual-site GoMartini method still useful/valid, or has it been deprecated; and if it is still valid, where can "create_goVirt.py" be found?

More
2 years 10 months ago #8997 by riccardo
Please see comment above of Sebastian. "create_goVirt.py" is the script Sebastian referred to in the post above.

Current versions of the script can be found at: info.ifpan.edu.pl/~panos/panos/GoMartini.html / cgmartini.nl/index.php/go-martini-development

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds